Asparagus — it’s so good! I suggest you serve them up with sole fillet, tarragon, and parmesan. It’s a flavour explosion. You’re going to simply adore them!
SOLE FILLET ROLL-UPS WITH ASPARAGUS, PARMESAN & TARRAGON
- 1 asparagus bunch
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon of dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- juice of a lemon
- cracked pepper (generous helping)
- 8 sole fillets
- a few fresh tarragon strips
- ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan
- reusable skewers (for brochettes)
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- On a cutting board, chop off the rough ends of the asparagus (and set aside next time you make vegetable stock). Cut the asparagus in two (horizontally).
- On a stovetop, melt the butter in a nonstick skillet at medium heat. Add the oil, garlic, dried herbs, asparagus, and pepper and stir for a few seconds. Add the maple syrup and keep stirring for one minute until the asparagus browns a bit. Remove the asparagus from the heat and plate them. Leave the liquid in the skillet and let it simmer, then add the lemon juice. Put aside.
ASSEMBLY AND FISH
- Line a cooking sheet and garnish the centre of each sole fillet with the asparagus, tarragon and cheese. Roll each fillet around the asparagus and secure it with the brochette skewer. Drizzle each roll with the asparagus reduction and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and/or a salad.